Saturday, January 19, 2013

Will Life Imitate Art?


Ray Nagin was the Mayor of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. He served the city for two terms. From the beginning, I was never a fan of this man. He came across as oily and arrogant. Yesterday, he has been indicted on 21 different counts ranging from bribery to fraud. It has also been said that his actions stopped the rebuilding of the city after Katrina for up to 4 years. This man took trips and took money when he was supposed to be running a city. He is the worst kind of politician in my opinion. Louisiana has a history of corrupt politicians. It is actually one thing we are known for. This indictment has been years in the making. Nagin truly had this coming. I don't think there is anyone here who was surprised by this.

Nagin truly reminds me of a true life Clay Davis. For those of you who don't know who Davis is, let me explain. Davis was the slick as oil Senator from "The Wire." Davis had his hands in every illegal act he could while holding office. He was in bed with other politicians as well as the worst criminals in Baltimore. Everything about him was dirty, filthy. This, to me, is the exact representation of who Nagin is. I am interested in seeing how this plays out for Nagin. Because this is real life and not a scripted HBO drama. It is time for Nagin to reap what he sowed. He deserves to pay for his numerous crimes. And, this is why I will always be interested in politics. It is always like a real life soap opera. I will always be here for it.











No comments:

Post a Comment