Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Political Rant



The NRA is full of it. Completely and totally. I've never been an advocate of guns. Never. I hate them. I don't want to touch them or shoot them or own them. That's just my personal opinion. That is not my issue with the NRA. My main issue with them now is this ridiculous ad they just released. The NRA's ad questions why the President's daughters has Secret Service men protecting them. Really? Seriously? The NRA's response to the horror that was the Sandy Hook shooting was to insist that the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is more guns. And, that all schools should be policed more heavily with armed guards. Our President is vehemently opposed to this plan of action as am I. That won't solve the issue at all. The above ad is just sickening. As President, his life and the life of his family is of high priority. Presidents and their families are afforded this protection because it is needed. I have never known of any other President's family being protected by Secret Service being questioned. No one really wants to send their kids to school with guards. We need to figure out a solution. Gun laws need to be tightened. Kids need to be protected at school and in their neighborhoods. The NRA needs to offer solutions or shut up. The President needs to put his foot down on the neck of Congress and the House and get laws passed. But, bottom line, this ad is disrespectful and wrong. The Obama girls need protection because folks are insane. We need to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment