Monday, January 14, 2013

New Music From Justin Timberlake


Justin Timberlake is back!! Finally!! I have to say it's been far too long. 6 years since he blessed us with music. I have been a fan since the day I heard N'SYNC's "Gone." I was not into the whole N'SYNC movement before that. I fell for that silky voice of Justin's that day. That song was so soulful that I was shocked to see who the voice belonged to. I was all in from that moment on. I still play his solo cd "Justified" regularly. I loved everything about it. It is classic to me. Then, he released "Future Sex/Love Sounds" and redefined what I thought about him. He just reinforced my love of his music. So, 6 years later, he finally puts out new music. I thought he was done with music and focusing on his acting career. I am a happy fan right now.

"Awww, go on and show em who you call daddy. I guess they're just mad cause girl they wish they had it. Oooh, my killer, my thriller. Yeah, you're a classic. And you're all mine tonight. And as long as I got my suit and tie, I'mma leave it all on the floor tonight. Baby got fixed up too nice. Let me show you a few things about love." - JT



"Tell ya mother that I love her cause I love you. Tell your father we'll go further as a couple. They didn't lose a daughter, they got a son." - Jay-Z

I listened to his new single "Suit & Tie" on YouHeardThatNew last night. On first listen, I liked it but didn't love it. (Note: I also wasn't crazy about Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" or Jay-Z's "Change Clothes" on first listen either). By the 4th listen, I determined I was indeed a fan. The production by Timbaland is nuts. The beat changes three different times. But, it really works. This is grown man R&B. I am so thankful that Timbaland and JT went the R&B route and avoided the trashy Euro-pop route. The song is about being on his suit and tie sh-t, grown man music. Also, this track feature's my favorite rapper, Jay-Z. The beat changes for the third time when Jay steps in. His verse is about being grown and married. JT is releasing his third solo cd sometime this year. It is titled "The 20/20 Experience." I cannot wait to hear what him & Timbaland have cooked up this time around. Listen and enjoy this new offering from the original Justin.

Oh and just because I felt like it, below are some of my fave JT tracks from his two prior cd. I am listening to prepare myself for what "The 20/20 Experience" will no doubtedly be.










No comments:

Post a Comment