Friday, January 04, 2013

Around These E-Streets (III)


I am a voracious reader. Whether it is books, magazines or online, I am almost always reading something. I wanted to share so interesting things I ran across this last week or some on the web. Hope you guys enjoy it.

° Read a great inspiring post on YouHeardThatNew.com. It was about dreaming big. A kick in the pants it was. You could get something out of it too. Read it here.

° I have so much to say about the whole Kanye & Kim's baby. But, I think Demetria Lucas summed it quite nicely. You can read her take here.

° In this day & age, celebrities STAY putting their foot in their mouths via social media. Fantasia is the latest in that group. She posted some very choice word on her Instagram. Miss Jia has a section on her website for open letters to celebs. This is what happened next.

° After NJ Governor Chris Christie blasted Boehner for his inaction of Sandy aid, I just knew that his re-election would not be feasible. I was wrong...

° Because Speaker of the House John Boehner narrowly won his re-election bid. I am surprised because, well, he's a douche who does not do his job. But, then again , the GOP owns the House right now.

° One of my favorite bloggers, Necole Bitchie, has a personal blog that is filled with gems. She posted this a while back. But, it is always relevant. It's about getting out of your comfort zone.

° One of my favorite professional football players, Ray Lewis, is retiring. This story makes me incredibly sad. Lewis has been a beast on the field. He gave his all to the Baltimore Ravens for 17 seasons. I have watched him almost since the beginning. He is, however, moving into a new position with ESPN in the booth. The story is here.

° It's no secret that I love our First Family. They are picture perfect in my mind. The White House has released a great pictorial on the Obama's and 2012. You can see the wonderful pictures here. The one below is my favorite. It was taken at a wedding. The First Lady is all into the vows while the President is all into her. Gotta love Black Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment