Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Music From Solange


I am a fairly new Solange fan. I was not feeling her debut cd. It just wasn't for me. But, she got me with the release of "Sol-Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams" release. I loved everything about it. The 60's soulful music was comforting. I loved her lyrics and her voice. I also saw her in concert during Essence Fest in a Super-lounge. She was so good live. She was actually one of my favorite performances that year. It's been a few years since she released new music. So,I was very excited to get a release date for her "True" EP. It was released


My favorite tracks are "Lovers In The Parking Lot," "Some Things Never Seem To Fucking Work" & "Don't Let Me Down" because they are all great. I really wish Solange would've made "Looks Good With Trouble" into a full length song instead of a minute and half interlude. The beat is insane and the lyrics are A-1. I just vibe to this EP. I can press play and listen to every track. And, that means so much to me with music. I don't like to skip around much when I am playing a project. The "True" EP evokes a lot of great emotions in me. I totally get where she is coming from on this project. I love that Solange is not afraid to just be herself musically and take chances with it. It works wonderfully for her. I am a fan. Below are my favorite tracks. Vibe with me for a few!










No comments:

Post a Comment