Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Get Into It: Wale "Folarin"


One of my favorite rappers dropped a gem over the holidays in the form of his mix-tape "Folarin." Wale has been a fave of mine since before he got a major deal. I love his storytelling & spoken word angles in his music. also, I feel that as a rapper, he makes music for me and women in general. I can vibe to all of his major releases and mix-tapes. His music always puts me in a better mood. I can just vibe to it. That is also the case when it comes to "Folarin." From the opening track to the final one, Wale just floats all over this project. Great music is just awesome. When it's free, it's even better.





I love this project. I have an addiction to one song in particular. That track is "Bad" which features Tiara Thomas. Wale and Tiara are a perfect musical couple. They have a great chemistry. This song has to be their best work together. I cannot wait to get a full Tiara Thomas project. Other standout hits include "H2O," "GetMeDoe," "Cool Off" featuring Jhene Aiko and "Money Changes" featuring Chrisette Michele. Even though they are tracks on a mix-tape, they could all be singles. They are just that good. "Folarin" also gets me excited for Wale's next major release. Because of the music is this good right now, I can't even imagine what he will do next. If you are not a fan, "Folarin" is a great introduction to an artist that I love. Go ahead and get into Wale!





No comments:

Post a Comment