Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Great Clean-Out


Sometimes we get in our own way by holding on to things that we need to let go of. I am thankful for Necole Bitchie for bringing AJ's Clean-out to my attention. She tweeted about it. It's just a way of getting rid of the clutter in your life. I started by deleting contacts in my cell that I don't need or use. I followed that by deleting old texts that I didn't need to hang on to as well as emails. I got rid of a lot of dead weight. I cleaned out my closets. I got rid of clothes and shoes that did not fit or did not work. I purged myself of so much stuff. Stuff that held no value. Stuff I had no emotional tie to but just wouldn't let go off. I finally got it. None of it meant anything. I had to simply let go. Release all of it to the physical and virtual trash cans.


I did something today that I've never done before. I deleted posts on Tumblr/Twitter. I have always been a big believer in standing behind what ever you post on line. Whatever I blog about or post on any social media sites, I leave it there. Good, bad, inappropriate or indifferent. Whatever I post, I post. I stand behind my thoughts on posting it. But, in line with this clean out, I deleted all the negative/passive aggressive/off the wall things I posted in the last month. I have to admit, it was more than I expected. But, thoughts/ideas become things. I do not want to carry any of it with me any more. I know why my posts have been that way for the last month or so. But, it still isn't a representative of who I really am. Yes, I'm a woman, an emotional being, strong as well as weak. But, I don't want anyone to believe that I am the person those post were making me out to be. So, I've decided to stop. Yep, just stop. Don't post anything that isn't true to me. I can write in private when I feel the need to vent and don't want to talk to anyone. That is my course of action this year. The Clean-out was just the kick in the pants I needed. It got me motivated about a lot of things. Have you purged yourself of things, people who mean you no good? I think we all should. Get into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment