Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In The News



There has been so many things going on in the news lately. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in CNN and the like. None of its good for my blood pressure. I am a recovering news junkie. I try not to take in too much because I get so upset. So, I just want to touch on a few topics quickly.



* James Holmes is an evil mass murderer. He shot 70 people in a dark theater for no reason. I do not care about his mental state. I do not care why he did it. There is no reason he can give to make his heinous crime ok. I also hate the way the media is covering this. It's like they want him to be mentally unstable. If he were a Arab or Muslim, he would've been labeled a terrorist from the first report. If Holmes were any other race other than white, this story would be slanted in a total different direction. Also, the fact that a man who was caught in head to toe protective gear and guns is constantly being referred to as a suspect drives me insane. A suspect really? He is guilty as surely that I'm a woman. He is the perpetrator. He is the murderer. He is guilty. I'm disgusted. And, incredibly sad for the people who lost their lives and were injured.

* The whole Penn State/Sansusky/Joe Paterno scandal has been one of the sickest things I've ever heard of. I'm not sad that the school & its football program were so severely punished. It's never ok to harm kids and to cover it up. Everyone who helped hid this scandal deserves to be punished. I'm sorry I don't feel sorry for the program. Penn State made a great amount of money via their football program. The victims deserve to be compensated for their pain, silence and their years.

* The Westboro Church has no morals. These "Christians" will boycott any and every thing as long as there is a television camera there. What is the point if showing up in Aurora, Colorado to protest? I do not get there agenda at all.

There are other political things that have me riled up. But they deserve their own blog post. The above mentioned items are the ones most pressing on my mind. I'm sure there will be more about these things. The Holmes case is just starting. It will be headline news for a while. It will be national news. Ok, my wrap up is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment