Friday, July 13, 2012

Classic Music: Floetry "Flo'ology"

The brilliance that was Floetry is missed. This duo was simply amazing to me. The mix of spoken word and melodic sounds was genius. Their debut was everything to me. I loved it. But, their sophomore cd was their best to me. Sadly, it was also the swan song of the group. I have been missing them since. "Flo'ology" will always remind me of Bmore and the winter of 2005. It was the soundtrack to my life after Hurricane Katrina (along with Trey Songz debut cd, Young Jeezy's "TM101," and Alicia Keys "Unplugged" cd). I cannot remember a day during that time that I did not listen to it. I hated that the cd didn't get the push it needed. There was only one real single "Supastar" featuring Common. The cd was full of single worthy songs. So, of course, I have to share my favorites with you. "Flo'ology" was just about perfect.









2 comments:

  1. *Feelings* brings me back to my high school crush/lust/thought-I-was-in-love-with-him guy. Ugh. So glad that's over and did not ruin my life. Praise God lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl!!! Their first cd was the one that has a bunch of good/bad memories attached to it. I know exactly what you mean.

      Delete