Sunday, July 29, 2012

N.O. Bounce

New Orleans is known for many things. Music being one of the top ones. Music in the N.O. means one thing to me: Bounce. Bounce music is hard to describe. But, it's a feeling. I am speaking more to the Bounce music of the 90's. I do not really care for this new age Bounce music. Maybe it's because it's so drastically different. Either way, I was feeling nostalgic last week and decided to look up this old tracks. Listening to these songs instantly brighten my mood. I started remembering so many things when I heard specific songs. I was in my own musical euphoria!

These songs literally framed my teenage years. From the age of 12 to about 21, this was my life. Even now, if I here any of the songs below, I have to dance. I cannot help it. They bring back so many good memories. So many dances, parties, clubs, and bar nights. I really had a great time growing up. So carefree and fun. My friends and I always had the most fun when we got together and went out. We were the party, always. The N.O. Bounce scene has drastically changed and it doesn't seem as fun as it was when I was a kid. I am loving YouTube for the simple fact that I was able to find so many of my favorite tracks. If you're from the NO and are of a certain age, these songs will be everything to you. If you aren't from the N.O., take a walk down memory lane with me. Enjoy!!


















2 comments:

  1. I <3 it. Definitely don't recognize all these songs but I could get down to all of'em! I feel like I just stepped in your head a little bit though -- I need to get to N.O.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So glad you like it. This is the music that framed my formative years and a few new tracks. You should come visit. This city has a style all of its own.

    ReplyDelete