Sunday, July 08, 2012

Outside (My) Movie Box: Part 8



I've been movie watching again. I spent some time catching up on a few old movies that are on dvd now. I can say that I loved all three of these movies for different reasons. I especially loved one more than the other two. So, let's discuss them.



"Man On A Ledge" was a very interesting film. I loved the fact that I didn't know exactly what was going on plot wise. I was very enthralled with the people in the crowd below the ledge. They were great background characters throughout the film. And, of course, my dude Anthony Mackie was in it. He plays a cop that has a pivotal role in the movie. I really enjoyed it. I always like cop movies. I wonder why.



I can honestly say that my only interest in "21 Jump Street" was to see my high school. I was a fan of the tv show growing up. I wasn't looking forward to this movie which was all about the comedy. I was wrong. The movie was ridiculously funny. It was the epitome of a funny buddy cop flick. It was silly and there was no real substance to the movie. That did not stop me from laughing during the entire movie. Ice Cube was insane as the caption. Channing Tatum was the perfect eye candy for me. Just a really cute movie.



Of all these movies, "Crazy, Stupid, Love." was my favorite. It is the story of a middle aged man who's wife asks for a divorce & tells him she cheated. He is stunned & floored. He begins to hang out in this bar telling everyone that his wife slept with someone else while drowning his sorrows. Enter Ryan Gosling as his life coach. The entire movie is hilarious. It's definitely a romantic comedy and I loved it. It's funny, cute, and just really good. I watched it for the first time last night. I'm sure I will be catching it again soon. I'll be back to talk more movies with you guys later. If you haven't seen these films, get into them!

No comments:

Post a Comment