Thursday, August 29, 2013

#31WriteNow: Around These E-Streets (IX)




  1. The MTV VMA's were a hot mess. Save for the Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars performances. Everything else was literally a clusterfuck of white folks behaving badly while appropriating Black culture. I'm disgusted in many ways.
  2. The Foreign Exchange finally released their new single "Call It Home" this week. I love it. If you aren't up on FE, you need to give them a listen. Love Phonte and Nicolay and their music. Haven't stopped listening to it all week. Get into them.  
  3. This #31WriteNow writing challenge has been stressful. Extremely. I needed to do it. But, I am so happy that I can see the finish line. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining brightly. I am proud of myself for getting to this point. I'm also grateful for the new bloggers I've discovered through this challenge.
  4. The appropriating of Black culture was at an all time high this week. ABC did this report which was just about my breaking point. Seriously, a report on twerking?!? Go home White America, you're drunk! Ugh. Oh, but Black Twitter did not disappoint. The trending topic of #ABCReports was golden earlier this week. Get into it for a laugh or 3. 
  5. The PR machine that is the Kardashians are up to new low tricks today. I find it hard to believe that Lamar Odom is a raging crack addict and has been for years. As if this man doesn't work for the NBA and has to pass random drug testing. Also, it seems very ironic that this drug story comes out after the cheating allegations arise. I call major bs and I'm looking dead at Kris Jenner for this.


  6. Also, I really hate when mainstream media gets ahold of new terms/slang. They kill it quickly. Such as their new found fascination with twerking. It is being added to the Oxford English dictionary. I'm disgusted. BTW, what Miley is doing isn't twerking. It's making a damn fool of herself. Go ahead and watch. Cringe and be embarrassed for her.
  7. All week, I've been obsessed with one project: TGT's "Three Kings" cd. It is just great R&B. Tank, Ginuwine and Tyrese have come together as TGT. They released their debut cd "Three Kings" this week. It is literally all I've been listening to. If you are a fan of soulful R&B, this is for you. Get into it. Especially "OMG," "Tearing It Down," "Weekend In Love," and most importantly "FYH."
  8. I've been a fan of Michael B. Jordan since he was Wallace on "The Wire." *spoiler alert* I cried when Bodie and Poot killed him in season one. Hated it. I've watched him grow as an actor. I really dug him in "Chronicle." I LOVED him as Oscar Grant in "Fruitvale Station." Great actor but really he is just so nice to look at. 
  9. I can honestly say there is only one headline I want to see that ha the name of Trayvon Martin's killer in it. I'm not sorry about that sentiment. The lawyers of Martin's killer are moving forward to ask the state of Florida to foot the bill (between $200,000 - $300,000) for the trial. The murderer's wife was found guilty of perjury this week also. Like her husband, she too has skirted jail time. Still no justice for Trayvon Martin. 
  10. I've written a few stories.You can read them here and here. I've taken a new approach to it. Well sort of. It's been building 6 words at a time. I didn't have a goal when I started out. But, it's ended up being my thoughts this year. Read it here if you like. I was going to stop at 100. I'm on 105.

No comments:

Post a Comment