Wednesday, August 28, 2013

#31WriteNow: Trust Issues


Trust is defined as confident expectation of something; hope or reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
Trust is a very fragile entity. I'm, generally, a very trusting young woman. If you show me who you are, show me your heart, I will give you my trust. I'm like that. But, if ever this trust is broken, I can be a stone wall. I'm not going to willing let you back in, especially if you've hurt me. That's craziness to me. I'm a Sagittarius and that means I play and love hard. I may not show everyone when I am hurt or hurting, but I will not let you to continually chip away at my heart. I've played that role. It sucked and I didn't like it. So, I made a conscious decision to never be that chick again. Not for a man who didn't love me enough or a friend who didn't appreciate my friendship. It's hard to trust people once someone has shown you the pain of haivng that trust broken. Broken trust is almost the worst thing to repair, next to only a broken heart. It is an act of Congress to move past the hurt. 


I'm a huge believer in the fact that every single thing happens for a reason and in the way/manner it's supposed to. I trust my feelings implicitly. I've never failed me. I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt. But, you only get one time to cross me. I'm *no longer* on second and third chances. Truth be told, most are who they are from jump. Meaning that most won't change. I don't think I have trust issues though. I am just cautious. Life has made me that way. I've trusted the wrong people before. I've had my feelings hurt severly because of it. Being hurt or sad is never something I willingly want to be a part of. I try to avoid it as much as possible. I'm always working on being a better woman, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, cousin, listener, communicator, writer, person. But, my trust issues are embedded into my mainframe. It helps me weed out the good from the bad. I think I'll keep this character flaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment