Monday, August 26, 2013

#31WriteNow: Sorry, I'm So Blunt



I'm a blunt woman. That's the nicest way to put it. I say whatever crosses my mind because I feel it. This has, of course, led to some awkward moments in my life. Over the years, I've learned how to curb this trait in myself. I've held my tongue in order to keep the peace in my family, my life, and my job. It wasn't easy at all. But I did it. Biting my tongue is hard for a (mainly) extroverted person. I have no issues with speaking my mind. But, I've learned that not everyone appreciates such a unique characteristic. The combination of my quick wit and sarcastic tone can be a bit much for some.


I recognize that fact. So I'm working on my delivery as well. My sarcastic nature shows up and out all the time. I don't know how much of that I can change. But, we'll see. In watching the words I speak, I am creating my own legacy. I don't want to be the one who cuts down another through my words. The act of biting my tongue is forcing me to think and react more positively. That's what I want most for me. I want to speak the words that encourage and enlighten those around me. So that when they think of me, all the thoughts are good. This is all a part of my quest to being a better version of me. Biting my tongue will make for better type of conversations I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment