Wednesday, August 21, 2013

#31WriteNow: Mixed Signals



This has been sitting in my drafts for awhile. It's still relevant to life. So, here it goes. I believe that I am very good at saying what I mean and following through. I do not believe that most people fall under the same category. I don't like to play with any one's emotions or confuse folks. I say what I mean so that they get exactly what I'm saying. This has been a theme in my life this year. Me not knowing exactly what people truly mean and where they are coming from. It is the most frustrating thing ever. I hate have to decipher what every conversation really means or what that text actually meant. It would be so much easier if folks just said what they meant. There would be no mixed signals or miscommunication. It's really a simple practice. This is where signals get crossed and things are taken the wrong way. I can detect a different tone in a person's text that they did not intend. I've been wanting to scream "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN??" so many times this year. 



I have decided just to take folks at face value. Whatever you say or text is what you meant. I do not have time to be Inspector Gadget every day. The people that want to be in your life will show and prove. And, those that don't won't. I believe in simplification. I can't keep holding on to people and relationships that have run their course. I hope that I am not guilty of doing the same. I just know that my life would be a lot better if folks didn't do this. I truly cannot deal anymore. I can't spend another moment trying to figure you out. I will be taking folks at face value from this point on. The miscommunication will be on your part. Whatever you said, emailed, texted, IM'd, tweeted, tumbled, or blogged will be your word. Nothing more, nothing less. Problem solved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment