Friday, August 09, 2013

#31WriteNow: Are You There, God? It's me, Kenda. (A random thoughts post)



° This week, I've received so many pics of my family/friend's kids on their first day of school. They are all so adorable. With every picture, there is this yearning in my heart. I want one. I am trying my best to shake this want off. It's not feasible for me. I'll just continue to live vicariously through my people. 

° I've had some of the best conversations with perfect strangers as well as friends in the last two weeks. I think I've been more open to their opinions lately. Some things you just really need to hear from someone else. Hearing it outside of my own head really works for me. 

° The #31WriteNow tag on Twitter has been pure gold all week. I've discovered some really dope blogs and posts. Reading helps motivate me to write more. I am very appreciative of this writing challenge. It came at a time that I was about to walk away from my blog for a while. 

° Earlier this year I deleted my Tumblr. Then I got it back. But, I just recently got my first name back. Someone tried to poach it. But, I am back to being KatchKenda on Tumblr and all is well with the world again :) You should check me out there as well. Warning: my page is mad random. Go ahead and get into it. 

° Closure. I need it. Crave it. But, I am almost 100% sure I'll never get it. At least, not while I need it. The thing about closure is that it never comes when you want it. I have to let go and let God on it. 







° ^^^Like seriously? Can I live? I really don't feel the need to explain my opinions to anyone. If you don't rock with it, that's cool. My opinion doesn't need a cosigner. I'm good with standing by myself and on my own. I don't get why people don't understand this. If I say I don't like x, y, or z, just know I mean it. End of discussion. Ok? Oh yeah, I'm talking to you. 

° I'm very excited about something. I just won't speak on it yet. Just know that I'm smiling and that is a wonderful thing. Too many grey skies this year. I just want to bask in this little bit of sunshine for a moment and enjoy it. 

° I've always wondered what makes a person bitter. Like what specific moment turned them. Life has a way of teaching us lessons we didn't even know we needed. Now, I get it. But, I won't let life turn me bitter. I'll be mad as hell and then I'll get over it. I know it won't be easy but I can do it. 

° I was all into Big Brother this season. But, the show has become unbearable. So after last night's episode, I'm done. I'll read these books that have been staring at me for weeks instead. 

° I've been playing Drake's "All Me" all week. It is my new favorite track. It features 2 Chainz, who I've really started to like for his ratchetness and Big Sean, who I love.  You should listen to it below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment