Thursday, October 04, 2012

Get Into It: Issa Rae Presents "Roomieloverfriends"

You guys know Issa Rae right? Of Awkward Black Girl fame? Ok, cool. then you should also be up on her new Youtube series "Roomieloverfriends." It is a hilarious look at what happens when a man and a woman live as roommates and they cross the line. The main characters are Tamiko and Jayson. Jayson moves into Tamiko's house as only her roommate. One night, the roommates turned friends end up becoming lovers. We all know that drama will follow this. It's hilarious to me because I've never lived with a man who was a stranger or just a friend. This is a foreign concept and idea to me. I really enjoy this series. The actors are great as is the material. I love finding these little gems. The episodes are short as per the normal for web series. But, they pack a lot into them. I am sure you guys will love it as well. If you do, subscribe to the Issa Rae's Youtube channel. You will also get the ABG series and her "Ratchet Piece Theater" videos as well. Also, all worth a look. Go ahead and get into this series. I've included the first four episodes below. Watch and enjoy.









Oh, on another huge note for Issa Rae, she has just sold a show to ABC. It is called "I Hate L.A. Dudes" a comedy about a lone female voice of a popular male dominated internet radio show. The show is being backed by Shonda Rhimes ("Grey's Anatomy," "Scandal," & "Private Practice") and her company. If you do not know, Rhimes is big business and this is a great move for Rae. This will be Rhimes' first time venturing into comedy because all of her other shows are dramas. I cannot wait to see what they do with this. I am so happy for Issa Rae. She deserves this because she is extremely talented. Keep your eyes peeled for this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment