Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Classic Music: Michael Jackson "Off The Wall"


Michael Jackson will always be classic to me. I've been a fan of his since as far back as I can remember. I've also lightly touched on his greatness here. I loved all the music that came from the Jackson 5. I have a lot of favorite songs by Michael. But, my favorite album by him has always been "Off The Wall." Everything about it is greatness. It is just a seamless project. It's music I can dance to and sing along with. Music I just feel deep inside of me. Still. Decades later, it still feels the same.

After the huge success of "Thriller," Michael was up against his own track record. "Thriller" will always be the pinnacle of his musical catalog. "Off The Wall" reminds me of my childhood. Of riding in the car with my parents in uptown New Orleans. Of carefree days that never seemed to end. The music has that affect on me. To me, that is the true judge of classic music. It can touch multiple generations of people. And, still sound as fresh and as relevant as it did when it premiered. From "Rock With You" to "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough," I cannot pick a favorite track. It's all great. Below are my faves. Enjoy and reminisce with me for a moment.











No comments:

Post a Comment