Monday, October 01, 2012

Deepest Affections

I have the deepest affection for intellectual conversations. The ability to just sit and talk. About love, about life, about anything, about everything. To sit under the moon with all the time in the world, the full-speed train that is our lives slowing to a crawl. Bound by no obligations, barred by no human limitations. To speak without regret or fear of consequence. To talk for hours and about what’s really important in life. - via herarbitrarymusings

I read the above post on Tumblr the other night. It stopped me from scrolling past it. It made me nod my head. Made my heart beat a little bit faster. I totally agree with it. There is nothing sexier than intellectual conversations. Nothing. I'm talking about those conversations that go on forever. They stimulate a person on many levels. I am a sucker for intelligent conversations. Especially the ones that take all night. Just intelligent conversation, genuine interest and deep soulful laughter. Conversations like these are few and far in between. I crave them. I am lucky though, I am able to have them on any given day. I am truly thankful for that. I thoroughly enjoy the conversations that challenge me and teach me. Those are the best. I love hearing other people speak on things I know nothing about or seeing their point of view. I don't think that enough people truly appreciate this. It is an art in my world. I love the artist too. I was just truly moved by this quote so I had to share with my people. Hope you guys like it as well. Take this as an initiative to engage in deep intellectual conversation with someone today. Take the time to do this for yourself and them also. We all need it. I don't know about any one else but I crave it. Feed the craving! Talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment