Friday, May 18, 2012

Let's Talk About...



the creative genius that is Shonda Rhimes! She is the creative force behind such hit shows as "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice," and the new "Scandal." I wanted to give her shows a chance because she was the only Black female who was a creator, executive producer, on tv. That alone was and still is a big deal. She lived up to all the hype surrounding her. She has the ability to spin a storyline arc that pulls you in. In one episode, she has so many things going on that you have to watch the next episode. She's just that good. 


I have been a fan of GA since the beginning. I've always liked medical dramas since "ER." The way Rhimes writes her characters is very intriguing. She writes these great, smart, flawed women. They are so real. I, mostly, love that about her female characters. She often makes them really weak and vulnerable when it comes to men, sex, and love. It infuriates me but I cannot stop watching. Her characters and their storyline are awesome. The finale made me cry from the opening scenes. Rhimes is excellent at writing a cliffhanger. She does this to me every season. And, every finale I say I'm done. But, of course, I'm not. I have to know what happens next. Rhimes knows this.


I've only seen PP a few times but it is pretty great too. Glad that she gave Taye Diggs a vehicle for his art. I like him. I do believe that her latest creation "Scandal" is on its way to being my fave. I've blogged about it here. The finales was last night and it was a doozy. I did not see all of those twists coming. I'm excited to see where she goes with it next season. Rhimes has introduced us to a new set of interesting characters. We don't know a lot about them yet. So, guess what? We'll be watching in the fall to find out more.



Rhimes deserves every accolade laid upon her. Her imagination os ridiculous to come up with all of the things she does for these shows. No storyline is repeated or something that has been done on another show before. Her ideas are always fresh and sometimes a little controversial. Remember this episode? She isn't afraid to take on the heavy. She is a woman with a plan. And I like that about her. So as long as she's writing for these characters, I'll probably be watching. As should you. I can't wait to see the season premieres of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal" in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment