Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Classic Music: Alicia Keys "Songs in a Minor"

I remember the first time I heard of Alicia Keys. I heard her song "Fallin" and I was sold. The song was infectious. It was something about the melody. Her debut cd was released in June 2001. I was in summer school and I was obsessed with it. It had the feeling of a young person with an old soul. I think that was the appeal for me. I have always been that way. One of my favorite tracks on the cd was her remake of Brian McKnight's "Never Felt This Way" made me love her more. It's still one of my favorite songs by both artists.

She was something new and different. She was a singer, song writer, pianist and producer. She relied on her talent alone. She wasn't dancing all over the stage. She was purely an artist. This cd will always hold a special place in my heart. It got me through summer school. I played it exclusively and continuously. Eleven years later, I still feel the same way. A classic cd never loses it luster. Enjoy.










No comments:

Post a Comment