Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Places I Must Visit: Thailand



Thailand has been on my radar for a few years now. It started with my introduction to Thai food. Which, by the way, was purely accidental. I was out with some coworkers and one ordered Pad Thai noodles. When her food arrived, it looked so good. She offered me some. I tried. I was sold. I actually ordered some to go. I've seen pictures of Thailand on the Travel channel. I'm particularly interested in Bangkok. It looks like such a vibrant city. It's full if people and color and history. It seems like a place I would enjoy traveling to. I don't know a whole lot about the country. But the beaches are gorgeous, the food is spicy and the people seem very nice.



The name "Thailand" means "Land of the Free." It reminds me of the premise of this country. Floating markets are a staple here. The Leonardo DiCaprio film "The Beach" is about a young backpacker who found a legendary beach in Thailand. I just recently viewed this film for the first time and I loved it. It is also known as the land of smiles. The rainy season lasts from July to October so this would not be an ideal time to visit. Outside of that, the temperature is described as tropical. It's a place I have to visit. I've been reading a few tourism websites about the country. It has only stoked that traveling fire in me. Thailand is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see it for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment