Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The Best Laid Plans


What is it about making plans? Is it just me or do they never go accordingly? That old saying comes to mind. You know "you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." I wholeheartedly believe this. I think we believe that our plans are our way of trying to make things happen. God already has a plan for our lives. We may not see it as clearly as our own. I think that's what makes interrupted plans so aggravating. When plans go awry, it messes with me. I like control and order.

It's funny how something so simple can throw your whole day off. I don't have to stick to a schedule. I don't live by it. I just like to have a plan. It makes my dreams (short and long term) seem obtainable. That makes me happy. Helps me move forward. I think plans are awesome. I'm the person who makes lists, mental and physical. But, such is life. Plans fall apart, they can evolve to something else. Plans are sometimes meant to be broken. Maybe I should make less plans. And spend more time actually living my life. That sounds like the ultimate plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment