Monday, May 07, 2012

Refreshing Weekend



At the end of an odd week, there are fewer things that can make me feel better. I took the time this weekend to decompress from everything. I was in desperate need of something other than what the week had given me. I just wanted to not do anything, sleep and rejuvenate myself. My weekend consisted of some things that I truly needed. One being undivided attention. Yes, that makes me sound spoiled. I am. And, I am fortunate enough to have people in my life who are willing to cater to that aspect of me and I to them.There was nothing that I did that was specifically special. I was literally a bum on Saturday. It was well after 3 before I got out of the bed. I barely watched any tv. I felt no need to mindlessly watch anything.

Sometimes that's all that is needed to refresh your outlook. I am completely rested and well aware. I slept great this weekend. Had a few great conversations. Laughed til it hurt. Smiled from deep within while listening to him talk. Blogged for the entire week. Finished two different books. Listened to some great R&B. I barely watched tv. I was thoroughly entertained by the conversations I had. They were all awesome. And, most of all, I just relaxed. I let go of the world and was all about me. After a weird week, I let myself be taken care of. It's a wonderful feeling to know that I can let go and everything won't fall a part. I feel as though I can take on the world. And, all it took was a little time away from everyone but my guy. I had no idea that this past weekend would be as wonderful as it was. But, I am beyond glad that it was. Hope everyone's weekend was as good as mine's was

No comments:

Post a Comment