Monday, October 10, 2011

Save The Ta-tas


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is a cause that is dear to me. Both of my Grandmothers are Breast Cancer survivors. This is a disease that needs a cure like yesterday. Cancer is a horrible disease. I am not sure how I stumbled upon Save The Ta-tas.com. But, I am so glad that I did. I love their message and motto. This is another way to support a very serious cause.This new foundation Save The Ta-tas. I love their message. It is cute and catchy. I like the idea of supporting another breast cancer foundation. "Save the Ta-tas Foundation is committed to fighting cancer at every stage—including education, prevention, research, community outreach, and emotional support for those struggling with the disease. Our first year goal is to donate no less than .90 cents per dollar to support new gene research through a partnership with The Concern Foundation. Innovative and new, our organization is determined, like its founder ta-tas® Brand Clothing, to end this devastating disease, with a smile of course! Laughter heals, save the ta-tas!"

I have been giving myself breast exams since I was about 14. The disease has ravaged my family. The women in my family have mostly survived. At the age of 24, I found what I though was a mass in my right breast. I was beyond scared. I was also experiencing these sharp shooting pains in my breast. My doctor examined me and thought that it was only mass tissue. He sent me in for my first mammogram to make sure. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life. I was so glad that my Mom was with me. I have never prayed so much in my life. I, of course, thought of all the ways it could go wrong for me. I was only 24. I was too young. It hurt like hell and I think it is a horrible experience. I received my results that day. I was fine. there was nothing there. I was so relieved. I thanked God right there in the waiting room. Cancer scares me more than anything.



I purchased this Save The Ta-Tas shirt 2 years ago. I do what I can to support the cause. It is important to me. There is a plethora of merchandise available on the site. The prices are decent to say it is to support such a great cause. It is important that women give themselves exams. Also, for women over 40, it is important that they get regular mammograms. I am not looking forward to that process. Seriously, that machine hurts!! I think that with all the technology that a new gentler machine could be invented. I do not think that breasts were meant to be smashed flat!! That is not a good look. Support the cause. Get into saving the ta-tas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment