Friday, October 07, 2011

Tried And True

Friendships are a wonderful gift for the people involved. Through life, friendships change. Some evolve, some fade away, others become more like family. True friends will stay the course. These are the people who will always be along for the ride no matter what. These are the ones you cherish.

I have friends that have been here for at least 20+ years. They are my family. I love them for many varied reasons. I love them because they are always 100 with me about everything. There is no sugarcoating going on here. We could not speak for weeks on end. But one phone call and we are all caught up. There is never any weirdness between us. The conversation just flows. We know each other so well. We laugh the same way we always did. We discuss everything. This to me is the epitome of a real, authentic friendship.

I know that I'm blessed to have my friends in my life. I am so thankful for them. They have been there to lend me plenty of sympathetic ears, a million shoulders to cry on, and more hugs than I could count. There aren't enough words for me to express how much they mean to me. How much those random check up calls make my heart smile. Friends are angels that God places in our lives. We have to be sure to recognize the real ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment