Sunday, October 02, 2011

My Pet Peeves


Pet peeves. Those little or big things that others do that irritate me. I try my best not to be ocd about them. But there are a few that are like nails on a chalkboard to my entire being. This is just a small list of pet peeves.

1) "Grammar and language misuse." - I am no fan of people making up words or using them incorrectly. For instance, "conversate" is not a word. The base of conversation is converse. I wish more people knew this. I can't stand when folks use homonyms in the wrong place. For example, "they're/there/their" and "your/you're" are not interchangeable. They do not mean the same thing at all. I'm sure this is the writer & lover of the English language in me.

2) "People who think they know things but are consistently wrong." - The ones who would argue with Jesus about his birth. It's like talking to a brick wall...a total waste of time and effort.

3) "Asking me questions that they can clearly find out for themselves." - If it's something I know about, I will answer. But if you know me you know what things I find important or interesting. Other than that, people should stop being lazy and consult google.

4) "Undermining my intelligence." - It's a sure way to piss me off quickly. I'm a smart chick. I expect people to regard me as such. People that don't learn a quick lesson from me.

Now I'm sure that there are other pet peeves. These are the things at came to mind while I was sitting on hold. I do think that I've gotten much better at dealing with them. It's not always easy to over look them. But I work on it daily. What about you guys? What are your pet peeves? Let's talk about it!

4 comments:

  1. activelistening02 October, 2011

    we can conversate about my pet peeves later... :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, if you weren't my tumblr friend, I would be sooo upset right nowlol. Thanks for the comment and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the word "conversate" in discussion at least once a month. And I know it sounds so bad (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MC!! I think that "conversate" grates my nerves because it's so commonly used. All wrong, all wrong lol.

    ReplyDelete