Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I Love Me


I've never been the girl who measured her self worth against the next chick. My foundation has always been very stable and concrete. My Mom made sure that I knew my self worth. She instilled in me that I was unique, special, and beautiful. She said that my chocolate brown skin was perfect in every way. Those words help me grow up with confidence.

You could meet 100 women but I guarantee none of them would be Kenda. I am so myself. I've never consciously compared myself to another woman. She isn't me. I could never be anyone other than myself. I hate to be compared to another woman. It literally irks me. It may come off as arrogance but I just know who I am. I love me. Even on my worst days, I still like who I am. I'm able to look at myself in the mirror and be happy about the reflection staring back at me.

I'm sure that my friends love me from who I am. Sometimes I'm too protective of those I love. Often, I am too blunt for my own good. I can't help that. Its the Sagittarius in me. But everything I am comes from a very real place. I speak my mind and heart. I'm passionate and feisty. I laugh a lot, sometimes at the most inopportune moments. I cry at the drop of a hat. I correct peoples grammatical errors. I'm not a know it all but I know some things. I'm intelligent and I think that is an amazing quality.

My own self worth has never been influenced by anyone else's opinion of me. If anyone is in my life, it's because they like/love what they see and who I am. I'm a great daughter, sister, cousin, friend, woman. Hopefully, I'll be an even greater wife and mother. I'm still growing and I'm open to all that I will become. They say confidence grows with age. That excites me thinking about who I will be. The most important thing is that I love me and my people love me back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment