Thursday, October 27, 2011

Get Into It: "Milk + Honey"


I love finding new things. I had this feeling when I first heard about the new web series ""Milk + Honey."" It is executive produced by Idris Elba and brown paper dolls production company. It premiered its first webisode last week. It is a scripted series. I was pulled in from the opening scene. It is a very interesting take on the lives of 3 Black women pursuing their lifelong goals in Los Angeles.

The series focuses on the lives of 3 friends. Nia is intent on becoming an actress. She is also in an on-again, off-again long distance relationship with her longtime Chicagoan boyfriend Will. He is played by Lance Gross. Nia's roommate is Samirah, a DJ/Photographer. The third in this trio of friends is Harper. She is a budding powerhouse agent. They are three moderately successful women pursuing the next level in life. In this first webisode, we are also introduced to the legendary Debbie Allen's character Eva Monroe who is an acting coach. she is over a class that Nia desperately wants to get in to. Bryce Wilson of Groove Theory fame also shows up as entertainment attorney Jonathan. We are giving a sneak peek into these peoples lives in the first webisode. I was drawn in by the acting and the diversity of shades of color on the screen.

I cannot wait to see what develops for these characters. They all see as if they have a story to tell. I would love to see the depth of each of them as the series goes on. I am not sure how may webisodes will be shown. I just know that I will be watching. I pray that the following webisodes are much longer. They def need to be. The actors are good as are the writers. With the lack of quality Black programming on tv, any positivity is welcomed. I think everyone should check out the "Milk + Honey" series. Please get into it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You def should. I like it. I also hear that they are shopping in to the networks as well. I think it would be a great addition to scripted television.

    ReplyDelete