Friday, March 22, 2013

Just A Thought


Silence can be a double edged sword. It could be solace when you most need it or it could be deafening. I deal with this a lot. Sometimes I want nothing more than the solitude that silence affords me. Other times, I crave people and noise and anything that gets me out of my head. Silence is a gift when the world gets to be too much. But, it can also be the curse when you desire to hear something from someone. I was searching for quotes about silence and found a few that jumped out at me. Along with the picture above, they have been the underlying theme of my life today. It was even mentioned in my horoscope. So, I should've saw it coming. Anyway, just thought I would share all of this with all of you,
  • "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
  • "Silence is argument carrout by other means." - Che Guevara.
  • "He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." - Elbert Hubbard
  • "Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • "After an argument, silence may mean acceptance or the continuation of resistance by other means." - Mason Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment