Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's My Hair: Products Review


The natural hair movement is a huge deal. There are literally thousands of products being offered to us naturalistas. It is so easy to get confused & frustrated to figure out what works & what's crap. I want to discuss 3 products I've recently tried & how they worked for my hair. First is Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I learned pretty quickly that less is more here. It worked wonders for me. It's thick & provides great coverage. It smells good enough to eat. It gave my hair a more defined look to my curls, which is a great thing. I couldn't be happier with this product. I'm going to try other products by Shea Moisture.


Before I began my natural hair journey, I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching. I read all the popular hair blogs and watched all the youtube videos. I was well informed. One product that was mentioned a lot was Eco Styler's Olive Oil Gel. It seemed to be a stable. It was a product I've avoided. I am not a fan of gel. It has never been a product I've liked. So when I received an email from Sally's that the ESOOG was on sale, I decided to give it a try. The 32 oz is on sale all month for $3.49. That was a price I couldn't pass up. I do not know why I avoided it for so long. I am a fan. It works so well. It does not get hard or flaky which I was afraid of. I love the fragrance of it as well. It's a great product for me to use when I wear my hair in a bun which is usually once or twice a week.

 
Staying within my olive oil category, I picked up the Olive Oil Moisturizing Sheen Spray. It was on sale as well. It's new to me because I have not used it before. I haven't really used oil sheen in about a year. I dyed my hair recently and needed some shine. This was a good choice. It smells wonderful and gives me the shine that I was looking for. It is also really light. It does not make my hair feel heavy or weighed down. That is always a great thing. These are the three new things I've started to use on my natural hair. My hair is stronger and thicker now. I love that. I'm still learning what works for me and my hair. That is the journey itself. I just want to share my finds with any other natural hair ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment