Sunday, March 24, 2013

Outside (My) Movie Box: Part 11



Since I was under the weather the last few days, I decided to check out some movies. There  are a bunch of movies that I have somehow missed. Saturday was movie day for me. I laid in bed with my tea and under my hand crocheted (by my Mom) blanket and set out to watch some good movies. I picked a few different genres and dug in. My "take care of me" Saturday was a rousing success. I picked great movies and I felt 100 times better. No more sick days for me! Let's discuss some movies. 


"Limitless" stars Bradley Cooper and Robert Deniro both great actors in their own right. I am a fan of both which is why I had to see this film. The premise of the movie is about a super drug hat unlocks the other unused 80% of your brain. A person on NZT basically knows any and every thing. Bradley Cooper characters takes it and his life changes in seconds. What follows is an incredibly unprecedented rise to the top of the financial world. He takes the stock market by storm. He improves every avenue of his life. But, of course, none of this is without consequences. His life is threatened on multiple occasions and he goes through an ill withdrawal. I loved everything about it. Also, Robert Deniro's character was one of my favorites. He was a super savvy business man who surprised me more than once in the film. More than anything, I loved the ending of the movie. It was not what I was expecting at all. Pretty dope movie from beginning to end.


The second movie I watched was "Snow White and the Huntsmen" starring Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth. I wanted to see this simply for Charlize. I love her acting and she is gorgeous. I have always been a fan of the classic "Snow White" tale also. This movie is definitely an adult version of the children's fable. The movie was actually very different than I imagined it to be. And, that is a great thing. It was so good. Charlize was amazing as the eveil Stepmother/Queen. I like her playing the bad role. Chris Hemsworth was so good. I knew he would be though. I loved him as Thor in "The Avengers." I wasn't expecting much from the acting of Kristen Stewart and she did fairly better than I expected. The storyline was really good. The movie wasn't predictable which is always a great thing. A good movie that I will watch again. I cannot wait to the what the second part brings.

So, overall I am so glad that I decided to watch these movies yesterday. It made for a very interesting and entertaining Saturday. I mean, if you have to be one of the sick and shut in on a gorgeous Saturday in March, you might as well have good films to watch. If you haven't seen either of these, I would recommend that you do. Great way to spend a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment