Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twelve Thoughts of Randomness


This is my final (12)Random Thoughts post for 2012. It has been some year. My thoughts are always so freaking random. These are...ummm...different. Here we go:

° I really thought that the Republicans in Congress would not continue to act like spoiled brats after losing the election. I was wrong. Dead wrong. All the "fiscal cliff" talk is draining.

° You ever feel like nothing you do or say is right? That is where I am currently. I feel helpless and I don't like it. The words fail me and I feel like a failure in one particular area. I just feel inadequate and I hate it. I can't do what's natural to me. I don't know how to proceed.

° I just finished reading "The Dreamer." It was such a good book. It's amazing to me that my reading picks have changed so drastically in the last few years. I readily bypass the urban lit section now. I am more into the motivational books. I guess my tastes have grown up.

° My favorite month of the year hasn't been going in the manner I've wanted it too. But, I've got my fingers crossed for a fantastic finish.

° I have a new favorite song today. Tamar Braxton's "Love and War" is it. I am not a fan of her antics and diva attitude on her reality shows but this single is e-very-thing and I am here for it.

° I'm not loving my hair. I don't know what to do with it. I've been wearing it in a bun for weeks now. I am just lost about where to go next with it. Either I figure it out or I'm cutting it off. It's just hair right? This could just be my über frustration with things in general.

° As far as 2013, the one thing I want more than anything is to just be a better version of myself overall. I am not silly enough to believe that I have finished growing. I welcome the growth. I crave it. Need it. Praying for it.

° Really can "Scandal" get any better? I mean, I don't know what will happen next but I am ready. This is must-see tv. If you haven't gotten in to this show, I do not know what you are waiting for. Get into it.

° I am almost 2 weeks into this December Squat-a-thon and it is kicking my ass literally. But, it feels good. So yay for me. The first few day's were easy because I did it in the house. I break up the squats into 2 sets; one in the morning, one at night. I can say that day 8 (this past Saturday) was the worst so far. It took everything for me to get through my 55. That has more to do with my emotions than my physical. When it comes to health and fitness, every little bit counts right?

° I really look forward to Christmas every year. It's the one day out of the year that I really, truly enjoy. My family is a very loud, rambunctious group. But, I wouldn't have them any other way. I do love them. I cannot wait to see them.

° I took a hard stance on an issue. I am not sorry about it. But, I really hate the outcome. Hate that it has burned a bridge that I didn't foresee. All I can do is pray about it.

°I really do need to start using Spanish on a daily basis. I feel like I'm losing my skills. Can't have that. Feliz Navidad. And my favorite saying in Español "yo no se¡"

No comments:

Post a Comment