Friday, December 14, 2012

Get Into It: Marsha Ambrosius, Johnta Austin and Luke James

Free GOOD music is always a gift I love to receive. So, you guys should already know that I am in my own musical heaven right about now. Two voices that I really love just recently dropped free mixtapes. Marsha Ambrosius and Luke James are amazing. These new projects aren't any different. I haven't been able to stop playing either for the last few days. Good music is just good music. It makes me happy and I could always use some of that. Let's get into them.


Marsha decided to drop her "Hors D'Ouevres" mixtape before she releases her sophomore cd "Friends& Lovers" in 2013. It is a 4 song offering. It's like a teaser for her new cd. I am 100% here for it. Every track is that great. "Slow Motion," "Expect This Shit," "Summer," "FCKINGITITOVAWID" are the tracks. All are my favorites. Marsha's voice is still amazing as it has been since Floetry. I've been a fan since the beginning. I loved "Late Nights, Early Mornings" as well. You can get it here.


Johnta Austin is a name you may not know. But his work you def know. He wrote Trey Songz' hit song "I Need A Girl" amongst others. He is a well sought after producer/songwriter. He also happens to be a great singer. I love his voice and personality. He has finally released some music for our ears. This is grown folks, old school R&B. And, I'm always here for that. His EP "Love" can be found here. My favorite tracks are "In Love," "Pain," & "What A Feeling." Johnta is also a part of Jermaine Dupri's Oceans 7. This a group of singers (Usher, Trey, Johnta, BCox) and producers/songwriters (Dupri, BCox, Johnta). They released a mixtape a few years back. Anyway, this EP makes me happy. It will do the same for you. Get into him please.


Luke James is a virtual newcomer on the music scene. He is a native New Orleanian. He has had the pleasure of opening for Beyonce' earlier this year. That was a great move on his part. He exposed many to his voice and talent. I have been waiting to get some music from him. "Whispers in the Dark," his EP, exceeds my expectations. His voice just makes me happy. WITD is an 11 song offering. I really love "Hurt Me," "Heart Beat," and "Mo'Better Blues" the most. But, this is not discounted any of the other tracks. I love them all. James, in my opinion, is one to watch. It doesn't hurt that he is very easy on the eyes ladies as well. You can get "Whispers in the Dark" for free here. So, download both and get into them. Enjoy the free music.

No comments:

Post a Comment