Sunday, December 02, 2012

It's December Baby!!!


It's December. My absolute favorite month for a plethora of reasons. My birthday is this month on the 14th. Then there's Christmas which is a huge ordeal for something more than the gifts. And, then it's New Year's Eve. Everything about the month of December is awesome. I love the smell of the holiday season. I am enthralled with the Christmas lights and decorations. It's the time of year when the weather finally gets cooler here. There is Christmas music on the radio all the time and Christmas movies on the tube. I have been a fanatic about this month all of my life. As a kid, I loved it for the Christmas holiday break from school. Also, because this break always followed my birthday. I took it as my gift from the school board.



I thought as a kid that I would get over my love of this month. I'll be 33 in two weeks and it hasn't changed yet. I beginning to believe that it won't ever change. I am more than ok with this. I feel differently about my birthday and Christmas though. They excite me for other reasons. I do not care about gifts as much as I used to. Thoughtful things are always welcomed. But, I no longer worry about the quantity. I focus on quality. It's the thought that matters the most. December just makes me happier than any other month of the year. Yes, I know I'm biased. I am more than ok with that. What's your favorite month and why? Tell me!



No comments:

Post a Comment