Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's A Wrap


The holidays have a way of either bringing out the best or worst in people. This year, I am happy to report that the best was brought out of my people. For the last 5 days, I have had the most fun with my family. Literally the most fun, I have had with them in forever. There is something about being around folks who really know and accept you for who you are. My holidays have been filled with nothing but laughter. Hope the same goes for anyone who reads this.


If you have never been to New Orleans, then a daiquiri is a must. It is happiness in a cup. This was Cajun Eggnog with an extra shot of rum. It definitely made my holidays cheery. I do not drink the way I used to. I cannot. I'm sure it has to do with age. But, a daiquiri has never hurt me. So, I've had a few over the holidays. And, yes, my name is on my cup. No, I didn't write it though. There was a house full of people drinking so names on cups was a must.


We played a lot of Spades. It is a past-time that my family regularly partakes in. My cousin & I won. We were the "us" playing against her husband and my brother-in-law. We won one round, they won the next round. I love to play spades because I like to talk sh*t. I am very good at that lol. We are all very good at it. Great time was had by all. Another shot below of the on-going card game. This is the way I ended my Christmas night: playing cards with the people I love. The holidays are almost wrapped up. They have been more than I could have ever asked for. Sometimes life just gives you a moment when you least expect it. My Christmas memories have always been surrounded by my Grandmother's house. I haven't ever spent a Christmas any where else. I don't even know what that would feel like. Happy Holidays to everyone!!


*In the pic above, it's me in the grey jacket, my BIL in the white, my little brother in the red holding my niece and my cousin in the corner playing spades.*


**This is my 800th post. That is a huge deal for me. I am proud that I've stuck to it. Thank you guys for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment