Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Around These E-Streets (II)


I am a voracious reader. Whether it is books, magazines or online, I am almost always reading something. I wanted to share so interesting things I ran across this last week or some on the web. Hope you guys enjoy it.

° I really loved these two articles: "25 Ways to Communicate Respect To Your Husband" & "25 Ways to Communicate Respect To Your Wife." Am I a wife? No,` but I am in a committed relationship. Am I super religious? No, but I am deeply spiritual. Both lists are full of common sense advice with Biblical backup. I truly enjoyed reading both. I think they are great guidelines to any one in a relationship.

° I blogged about the lessons I learned from "The Alchemist" here. This article reminds me of one. It is this "When you want something all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." This is what the law of attraction is all about. This article touches right on that. It also links to Oprah talking about the LOA as well. If you haven't read "The Alchemist," I suggest you do.

° As a music lover and blogger, I am always looking for places that combine the two. I was in luck when I read my girl BK's blog yesterday. She blogged about a situation that a music lover as myself could get into. "To All The Artists I've Loved Before...I Thank You" comes from a place of deep love for music and artists. I loved it because I feel the same. Read and enjoy.

° I am a worrywart. I think it developed once I became an older sibling. I cannot shake it if I tried. Trust me, I have. And, currently still. Any way, this article was all about worrying about the wrong things. It is good. It also led me to this article which is a funny, tongue in cheek way that explains things not to worry about. Both really gave me some insight.

° If you do not know the name Angela B. Murray, you should get familiar. She is the former of Essence magazine, current editor of CocoaFab.com. The website is bright and informative. I love sites that are dedicated soley to women of color. The articles are geared towards my needs, concerns, thoughts and likes. Murray did a wonderful job at Essence and I have no doubt that her website will flourish as well. Check it out.

° If you know me then you know I am an SATC fanatic. So, in the first movie, Jennifer Hudson's character Louise is always getting hot bags from a site called Bag, Borrow or Steal. I literally did not know this was a real site until last week. It's a novel idea. But, I love my bags too much to have to send them back. I get the appeal though.

° I have no real words for this. All I can say is DMX. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Remix. Just watch. Enjoy LOL!

° My favorite singer/performer/entertainer is on her way back. Beyonce' will be everywhere come February 2013. First, she will be headlining the halftime show of the Superbowl om February 6, 2013. A week later, her new documentary will premiere on HBO. You can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment