Friday, December 07, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude


Life is a precious gift from God. In living, I take too much for granted. I get so caught up in my own everyday-ness, nothingness that I forgot how blessed I am. Forget to give thanks all the time. Life has a way of doing that to you. It's easy to get caught up in the materialistic things that life has to offer. So easy. Or to get so involved in the drama/comedy that is my life. So this is me taking just a moment to say "thank you God." I've said repeatedly that I'm not an overly religious woman. But, I am spiritual and I do have a relationship with God. I do think I know a lot, but not everything. I know that my life has a reason, purpose. Even if I haven't totally captured it yet. I know that He knows his plan better than I ever could.


I am always so humbled by the fragility of life. We treat it so cavalier as if it is guaranteed. It is not. We are all here for a short time. It's up to us to make that time count. I've been really reflective over the last few days. That had caused me to be severely emotional when I didn't need to be., hey I am who I am. A woman a week away from her 33rd birthday who is finding her way to her destiny. I do not have any of it figured out. That scares me. Prayer calms me. I have to remember to be thankful in the good times as well as the bad. They all shape me. The holidays always have this affect on me. I'm in my head more than normal during this month. Just thinking. Wondering. Hoping. And, most of all praying. Just trying to display an attitude of gratitude. Hoping that the next year narrows my focus more than ever before. Happy Holidays, Readers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment