Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's My Hair: Hair Woes


I feel like I've been talking about and obsessing over my hair a lot lately. I think this comes with the territory. I am at the four month post relaxer mark. I'm not happy with my hair. It's taking so much time to get my hair to do what I want it to. It's been a hectic journey. I am just at the growing out stage. I have been doing it all myself. I want the satisfaction of conquering my hair myself. I do not know what my hairs natural texture is just yet. But I'm still excited about finding out what it is.

I'm almost to the point of needing a transition hairstyles. I'm leaning heavily towards getting twists. I've never been a huge fan of weaves and I've never worn a wig. So twists seem like a good way to go. I'm now on the hunt for a good stylist to get this done. I know that a transition style will take some of the stress off of me. Weaning myself off of the creamy crack has not been easy. Just last week, I wanted to go get a relaxer and throw it in my head. It was just a fleeting feeling but it did happen. I'm so used to my hair looking, feeling a certain way. And now it doesn't. So change can be hard to accept.

This is hard. But I'm committed to it. I want to see it through for myself and for my future daughters. I know going natural is the in thing right now. But that is the furthest thing from my mind. My hair wasn't growing. It wasn't as healthy as it once was. I want to get it back to there. I'm going to do my best to do it. I have read some product reviews and al excited to try some new things. Especially the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Things are progressing slowly on the growth front. That's the most annoying part so far. I know things will move when they should. My hair is a work in progress. I'm just dealing with it. This natural hair journey is on it's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment