Sunday, January 22, 2012

Classic Music: Ne-yo "In My Own Words"

The very first time I heard Ne-yo's debut single "Stay" I was a fan. His voice made me happy. I wanted to know more about him. So I read up on the newcomer. Found out all about the singer/songwriter who's debut cd "In My Own Words" would be out the following February. "Stay" didn't get a lot of radio play but it was a hit to me. It wouldn't be until his second single that the world would sit up & take notice. "So Sick" was a smash hit. Everyone could relate to being heartsick over a past love. The song was in constant rotation on the radio & video shows. This was the beginning of Ne-yo's journey.

IMOW is classic to me because I loved every song. Every track was a potential single. Almost 6 years later, I'm still playing it. I have a feeling that 60 years from now, it will still get played. The record label picked the perfect singles. The videos were just right for the songs. Ne-yo's voice and lyrics were everything on this cd. I am a uber fan. This cd will always reminds me of living in Cali. It was the first cd I purchased when I moved. I played it all the time. It's amazing to see his growth as an artist. Ne-yo also gives a great concert. I just really love his voice and his lyrics. Enjoy my favorite tracks below.















No comments:

Post a Comment