Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Coloring Outside The Lines


It's easy to get caught in your one little box. We, as humans, are prone to habits. We like the flow of things just the way we set them up. Change can be hard to accept. Shaking up the norm makes life so much more interesting. It's not an easy thing for most of us to do. We like what we like. We are who we are. We like to color our world all pretty and perfect but the reality is it isn't. Perfection is a fleeting trait. It's hard to obtain and sounds pretty boring to me. I like the excitement that the newness can bring.

I think its time for me to widen my horizons. I like the security of the life I know. But, the reality is, predictability can be boring. I need to step outside of what I know and color outside the lines. It can start with something simple as wearing a color I normally wouldn't. For me, it would be green. It's not a color I like. I would incorporate it into my life by way of OPI nail polish. Or wearing a red lipstick. I'm not big on lipstick and/or color but I'm open to it. Outside of the year I spent in Cali, I've only been a Southern girl. A change in location could change my destiny.

Small changes can lead to big differences. It's exciting to think about all the things in the world that I could be opening myself up to. I think we are all to eager to accept life as we know it as the societal norm. We have the free will to change and challenge every single thing in our lives, if we only had the heart to go for it. Coloring outside the lines makes life more interesting. It's the imperfections that make life better. The things that scare us the most are the things worth it. That's what I'm chasing now. The things that bring the butterflies in my belly. Those that make me happy internally. That is my definition of coloring outside the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment