Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Get Into It: "Southland"



"Southland" is a great show. It's a cop show based in L.A. It's also the little show that could. The show is in it's 4th season on TNT. It started out on NBC. It was a hit. NBC announced that the show was picked up for a 2nd season. Days before the 2nd season premiere the show was abruptly cancelled. The reason was to make room for Jay Leno's now defunct show. NBC's loss was definitely TNT's gain. The show has been a bonafied hit.

I am a fan of the show for one main reason. Her name is Regina King. I have been a fan of hers since her days as Brenda on "227." Regina is a great actress. I love seeing her as bad ass detective Lydia Adams. She is so likable and believable in this role. I only watched this show because of her. There aren't many shows with African American leads. So I try to support all that I can. The storylines are interesting and new. Cop shows can get a tad redundant but that isn't the case here. All of the police officers on the show have great depth. Their stories pull you in. It's one of my favorite shows.

There have been some strange storylines. But all of them have been executed well. Lucy Liu, who I've loved since she portrayed my favorite character O'ren Ishii in "Kill Bill," has been added this year. She plays Officer Jessica Tang. She has been wonderful this season. I hope she sticks around. The show has consistently gotten better each season. This season is no exception. Southland" airs on Tuesday's at 9pm. You guys should check it out. Get Into It.


No comments:

Post a Comment