Thursday, January 19, 2012

My One TV Obsession



From the time I was about five, I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. A lawyer. I used to watch "Perry Mason" all the time. I wanted to be the one to question people on the stand. I was overly impressed with the whole process. My love of the law and courtrooms has never really waned. I looked at lawyers as commanding the courtroom. They represented power and control to me. Now, my career aspirations may have changed. But certain things have not. I LOVE a courtroom/law/attorney/cop television show. There are plenty of them to chosen from on tv. I've been a fan of shows like "Ally McBeal," "Law and Order," "Law and Order: Criminal Intent," and "L.A. Law." But, my all time favorite has to be "Law and Order SVU."

I call it my tv obsession. It's the show that always has my attention. I've been a fan since the beginning. There is just something about it hat pulled me in from the beginning. I have loved almost all of the cops and ADA's and DA's from this show. The partnership of Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler has been a great one to watch. They were my early favorites. But, by far, my absolute favorite character on the show is Detective Fin Tutuola played by Ice T. Every characters just works on this show. SVU has been on for years and it still is fresh. The show always finds a way to present a new crime and case. There are times that I am caught completely offguard by the outcome. Those are the best shows.

I swear I've seen every SVU episode. This does not stop me from watching it whenever its on. I love the marathons on USA on the weekends. They never get old to me. Most people can't understand why I rematch the episodes. I just really love them. They are so good to me. I think its cause I have such a love for the law. I like the way I get to see it all play out from the crime to the officers working the case to the ADA's presenting it in court. It captures my complete attention. This show is one of my favorite things to watch. It's like a hobby or slight tv obsession. It's quite possibly the one show on tv I could never give up. What about you guys? What's the one show that you have to watch? Tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment