Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Adventures In Cooking: Thanksgiving

Holiday dinners are always a big deal. I haven't been that big on participating in the cooking aspect of it. I'm always good for desserts though. A cake or two and definitely my double chocolate icebox pie are a must. So, this year, I decided to do something different. I decided to try my hand at a few dishes.

I stuffed bell peppers for the first time. I cut my peppers in half and cleaned them out. I then dropped them into a pot of boiling water for about ten minutes. While they were boiling, I worked on my actual stuffing. I browned a pack of ground beef and a pack of sage in a skillet. Once it was all brown, I drained the meat. Next, I sautéed my shrimps. I mixed all of the meat and shrimp together with some bread crumbs. After removing the bell peppers, I let them dry and commenced to stuffing them. I added some more bread crumbs on top of the peppers. Then, into the oven they went for about 20 minutes. They were done. They were great. They were gone before I could snap any pics!

I also cooked baked mac and cheese. But it wasn't my first time. I have that recipe down. They came out moist and cheesy and good. I also cooked candied yams as well. These items are staples though. My turkey day was a success. That made me very happy. I wonder what I will take on next. I'm open to new items. More cooking is coming! Hope everyones Thanksgiving was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment