Sunday, September 09, 2012

The Scenario: Facebook Status

*STATUS JACKED* Females, lets be clear....and REAL....a man isn't cheating with you because you are so good at being the other woman....he's cheating with you because you aren't good enough to be THE woman. I laugh at women that brag about being the "go to" woman when the man gets bored at home, & you try to put down a submissive woman for being who God designed her to be. Learn what submission really means. A submissive woman is far from weak, because a true submissive woman knows how to carry the load for him and her both without him even having to know it. She knows how to speak to his spirit & not his lusts. She knows how to push him to his dreams instead of pulling him to destruction. She knows how to pray with him and not play with him. She knows how to be quiet even when her flesh wants to speak. She knows the value of his hard work & not just his dollar. A submissive woman is his "LIFETIME" but you are just a "GOOD TIME"...and that's all you will ever be. He knows that he can throw a few dollars & material possessions your way & that's all you will ever expect. The other woman makes it easy for a man, the submissive woman makes it easy for herself by making him EARN & not buy her. You are the O.T.H.E.R. woman...an Overplayed Toy He Eventually Releases.....#YOUAREOFFICIALLY RELEASED

The above is a Facebook status that has popped up over my timeline for about a week now. It is, in my opinion, one of the stupidest things I've seen on Facebook. And, I have seen some foolish things on that site. When I first read this, I thought to myself "How ridiculous is this?" I didn't give it another thought...until 2 days later, when this same status popped up again and again. Now, I am not a married woman but I have common sense. I am also a woman who's been cheated on and I grew up in a house where my Father cheated. So, I think I have a really good grasp of the situation from a few standpoints. My conclusion is that the "wife" who proclaimed the above is a sad woman. That's all I was thinking while reading it.

In an attempt to put "the other woman" in her place, "the wife" exposes her insecurities and what's going on in her marriage. I do not condone cheating ever. But, as a woman, I do not fall in line with the thought that addressing the other woman fixes the problem. If my husband was cheating on me, he is who I will address. He is the one who violated our vows. He is the only guilty party in my mind since he is the one I married. The status above spends a lot of time trying to talk down to the other woman instead of facing the real issue. The real issue is her husband cheated. For whatever reason, he decided to step outside of the marriage. Everything about that status irks me. There is nothing noble, good or right about being a man's #1 woman, especially if there are other women in his life, standing in line behind you. I have to be the ONLY woman in a man's life. I do not play well with others when it comes to my relationship. I'm not into sharing a man.

My response: There is so much wrong with this post. This is a woman's insane attempt at "reading" her HUSBAND's side chick. The problem is that her husband is cheating on her. No matter how wrong the other woman is (and yes she is dead wrong) the person she should be handling is her husband, you know the guy who made vows to her. This does not make the wife look good. It makes all parties involved look stupid.

If the other woman is nothing more than a play thing, then why did this woman feel the need to post this? I would never put my intimate business on Facebook and I cannot understand those that do. What good would that do? What really bothers me about this is the way it spread like wildfire. There were women and men alike were posting this like it was the golden gospel. I was literally speechless at this. I mean, these are intelligent people. And, most of them agreed with this nonsense. I could not be quiet about it. It was stupid and I surely said so. Marriages are between two people. If one of them decides to bring a 3rd in, that is an issue that a husband and wife need to work out. It is not fodder for a social network. It's not something that everyone needs to discuss. Private things need to be kept private. We have become a community of people who are living our private lives publicly. This is a sad state of affairs. I know waaaaayyy too much about certain people. I do not like this. Bottom line, it is never a good idea to invite others opinions into your relationship in any capacity. We, as a whole, need to get back to the days of keeping our private lives private.

No comments:

Post a Comment