Friday, September 14, 2012

Places I Must Visit: Jamaica



Jamaica. This island has got to be on everyone's wish list. It seems to be the perfect vacation getaway spot. It's on my list for many reasons: the land, the food, the people and the overall experience. I remember reading an Urban Lit book a long time ago where the main characters took a trip to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Ever since then, I have wanted to got there. Ocho Rios means "eight rivers" in Spanish. I remember being enthralled with the description of this place in that book. There are a few places in Jamaica I would want to go. Negril, Montego Bay, and Kingston are all on the list. I would, of course want to do the tourist thing. But, I would want to experience the native Jamaica as well. I want to eat at the local spots that have the best Jamaican food. The places that most tourists would never venture off in to. I want an authentic Jamaican experience. Yes, I want to stay in a nice hotel with a great room. But, I would also want all that Jamaica has to offer. The pictures that I've seen of this island look warm and inviting. Also, Jamaica has been on my list since "Stella Got Her Groove Back." That movie made Jamaica seem like this mythical, magical hidden treasure. I want to discover it on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment