Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Classic Music: Destiny's Child "Destiny Fulfilled"



Destiny's Child is one of my favorite groups of all time. I loved them from their first single "No, No, No (Part 1)." I was sold. I was sad to hear that "Destiny Fulfilled" would be their last group effort. But, what wasn't sad was the music. The music was some of their best. The singles were great. "Lose My Breath" was a club hit. The beat was insane and made me dance every single time it was played. Truth be told, it still does. I just heard it and it inspired a dance break and this entire post. "Soldier" is still tied as one of my favorite singles. It was very street but still sexy. Loved the fact that all three ladies sang a verse. I also loved the T.I. & Wayne features. Just a really great choice for a single. "Girl" was my least favorite single. I just wasn't feeling it and I'm still not here for it. "Cater 2 U" was also one of my favorites. This song is still very sexy. The lyrics play to that submissive, traditional side of me. I also love to hear this song performed live. Beyonce' killed this song live. Her vocals were everything @ Essence that year.

As great as the singles were, the rest of the tracks are just as great. "T-Shirt" is the song that will always be on any playlist I make. Sleeping in your man's t-shirt is a woman's mo. We all do it. This song is love and sex personified. "If" & "Is She The Reason" are the epitome of a relationship being on its last leg. They bring back some memories I'd clearly avoid. But, the lyrics are great. I think every woman can relate to them. "Through With Love " and "Bad Habit" also follow the bad relationship vibe. Great beats, great lyrics will always make a great song even better in my books. "Love" is the song every woman sings loudly, especially when they are in love. "Free" is the song I play when I'm feeling great. There is nothing like truly being free within yourself. This song has nothing to do with a man. It's about fostering the most important relationship in life: the one with yourself. Well said and sung, Destiny's Child. This cd gets constant play in my spot. It's that classic, timeless music that I love. Enjoy DC3!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment