Thursday, September 27, 2012

Home Body


There once was a time when I lived for a nightclub. From the age of about 16 to the age of about 27, I was a club-hopper. Meaning I loved to be in a club, drinking and dancing. There was nothing I enjoyed more. A great DJ in a cool location was always my destination. I just loved being out and about. There was nothing better than me and my girls hitting whatever club was hot back then. I literally planned my life around when and where I was going to go out. I was that into the scene. I was also more social back then too. I am not as much these days.

I feel as if the club scene is so over. I've done it. Consistently. And, with great passion. It was my hobby. I loved every second of it. I can actually count on one hand the times I've been in a club in the last few years. There aren't very many reasons that I will go to a club. I've always invited to parties at clubs. I always decline. It's not that I don't want to celebrate with my family or friends. I just don't want to be in that environment anymore. It's not my cup of tea. The music that is popular in New Orleans clubs is not what I want to hear. I don't care for this new age bounce music or 90% of today's club themed Hip-Hop. I cannot take much of it.

Now, I prefer to stay home. I am cool with sitting at home, watching a good movie or reading a great book. I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. So, yes, I am a homebody and proud of it. I've been in too many clubs where stupid things have occurred. I know I'm safe at home. I don't have to worry about anything happening to me here. I don't mind going to a bar or a lounge for a drink or catching dinner or a movie with friends. I guess that comes with age. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to deal with a club full of people. Staying home is relaxing to me. when you've spent the better part of your 20's partying, your 30's are for resting. So that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment