Thursday, February 02, 2012

Me & the Phone

Do you remember those all night phone call marathons that we used to have in high school? Weren't they the best? Never wanting to hang up the phone? Those days were crazy but fun. I used to live for the phone. It was my favorite thing. I drove my mother crazy when I was in high school because of my phone addiction. I would talk to all of my people for hours on end. When I got my first cell phone in 2000, I was in heaven. I had a great plan and could talk all the time. I still don't know why I was so addicted to it. I love to have conversations with people. I love to tell a joke and laugh. But somewhere, in my mid 20's, I began to despise it. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the introduction of text messaging. But, I did not want to get caught up on the phone talking about nothing for hours. It wasn't really my thing. I became anti-phone for a while.

Now, I am still not all that into the phone. For the most part, I basically talk to the same people . I am really bad at not answering my phone and returning calls. It just slips my mind. It's not like that with everyone. I am, however, the texting queen. I will text people before I call them. It's just easier and quicker. I am trying to change my feelings on phone calls. I know that I have been kind of anti-social and that really isn't me. I'm a homebody moreso these days. I cannot lie, I love my cell phone. It is my connection to my world.i am vowing to be more open to others when it comes to the phone. As long as it doesn't interfere with the most important phone call I make everyday. Are you guys phone people?

2 comments: