Friday, February 24, 2012

Don't Be A Nag

I have been many things in my life. The one thing I have never wanted to be was a nagger. There is nothing positive that can come from nagging. It's overbearing and obnoxious. Women, in general, have this stigma of being big on nagging. That role gets old. No one, in their right mind, wants to be the woman who continues to complain/speak on the same subject. The reality is this people are who they are and are only going to do what they feel like doing.

As a woman, I don't want to have to tell a man what I want, what's right and what's expected all the time. Being that person is draining. Those kind of women often find themselves alone a lot. I am no pushover. I am a very strong woman. But, I also know what's annoying to me. Nagging me annoys the hell out of me. So I am quite sure that a man would feel similarly. Here's a perfect example of a woman nagging her spouse. I read a story on Facebook about a classmate of mine who is insisting that her boyfriend has flowers delivered to her job on Valentine's Day. Insisting is the operative word. Her reasoning for such a thing -she wants her coworkers to know she has a great boyfriend. I see something looming there. I'm sure her nagging about it is not making her wonderful boyfriend feel as great as she claims he is. I've never been that woman. Anything that is done for me by a boyfriend has been 100% their idea and vice versa.

Nagging never gets anything done. I don't want to do that to anyone. And, I damn sure don't want any one to do it to me. It's not a good look ever. If a person repeats the same thing to me, I tend to tune them and their message out. I'm very good at ignoring what ever information I don't want to take in. The bottom line is no man wants a nagging spouse and neither does any woman. It's a bad personality trait. I don't have it in me to pursue that line of conversation. I don't want to argue if I can help it. I just want to discuss an issue, solve it and move on. Life's too short to get caught up in the small things. I would rather exist inside the love and not worry about anything else. Nagging solves nothing. Life's all about the solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment